jmeter-user mailing list archives

From Scott Eade <se...@backstagetech.com.au>
Subject Re: Is JMeter using too much memory?
Date Wed, 01 Jan 2003 13:00:05 GMT
On 31/12/2002 9:49 AM, "Jordi Salvat i Alabart" <jsalvata@atg.com> wrote:
> 1.4 JDKs have a pretty serious performance bug in the URL.encode method.
> You'll run much MUCH faster if you use JDK 1.3 or you don't encode your
> parameters, etc.

Why don't we switch to an encoder that does not suffer from this problem -
presumably the commons httpclient will include such a method somewhere (but
undoubtedly others exist).

I guess as a more general question, are the JMeter developers considering
using any of the APIs offered by commons?  It seems that httpclient would be
an obvious one to consider.  A discussion on the jmeter-dev list leads me to
think that jorphan was/is Mike's own personal set of common routines that
might be better sourced from commons (where they exist, with perhaps some
new APIs defined if there are some that are missing).  Just a thought.

Cheers,

Scott
--
Scott Eade