jmeter-user mailing list archives

From "Mike Stover" <mstov...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Comparing response times on local/remote tetsing
Date Wed, 29 Jan 2003 14:29:54 GMT
I've always maintained that the only way to get reliable absolute times, you have to
use one (or more) machines to stress your server as desired, and one extra to one
just a single thread running the same test cases.  Your accurate times will come
from that one machine.  The load comes from the other machines.

-Mike

On 29 Jan 2003 at 7:57, Keld Helbig Hansen wrote:

> Hi Mike
>
> Thanx for the answer. Kinda guessed that someone saw my posting, but didn't
> have a good answer ;o)
> Yes, the results are stable.
> I'll try logging some more and see what it says.
> The dumb thing about this is that using a JMeter server ought to give you
> more realistic results. As I see it now it might be quite the opposite. The
> JMeter server uses its strentgh to handle RMI. Hmmmm...
>
> /Keld

Michael Stover
mstover1@apache.org
Yahoo IM: mstover_ya