jmeter-user mailing list archives

From Scott Eade <se...@backstagetech.com.au>
Subject Deprecation of HTML Parameter Mask and HTTP User Parameter Modifier
Date Fri, 13 Dec 2002 05:09:55 GMT
In the JMeter documentation the HTML Parameter Mask and  HTTP User Parameter
Modifier modifiers are marked as deprecated with a recommendation that the
User Parameters config element be used in their place.

Surely HTTP User Parameter Modifier is going to be much more convenient when
all but a few users are involved.

Surely HTML Parameter Mask is going to be way more convenient when large
numbers of users are involved.

In my case I want to have 1000 users.  With the current deprecations it
would seem that the recommendation is that I sit here entering bunches of
values into a User Parameters config element.  This is crazy when I can
achieve the desired using just two HTML Parameter Mask modifiers (one for
the userid and another for the password).

I would suggest that all three mechanisms have their place thus:

1. User Parameters config element: Useful when there are a small number of
users with potentially many parameters
2. HTML User Parameter Modifier modifier: Useful when there are a moderate
number of users with potentially many parameters
3. HTML Parameter Mask modifier: Useful when there are large numbers of
users and the parameter values are able to be generated using the available
structure

Please consider revoking the deprecations on the HTML Parameter Mask and
HTTP User Parameter Modifier modifiers.

Regards,

Scott
--