jmeter-user mailing list archives

From "Jung, Harald" <HJ...@frankfurt.sema.slb.com>
Subject Using __regexFunction to parse HTML response
Date Tue, 03 Dec 2002 13:12:49 GMT
Hi all,

I looked into the archive of this mailing list and encountered that there
are a lot of questions in regard to the usage of __regexFunction and passing
infomation between different requests. I had a similiar problem as discussed
within these tracks but Im still not able to see where my problem is.
Following a short description of my "Testplan":

Thread Group

	Simple Controller

		HTTP Request 1:
			- Simple call to a servlet
		User Parameter
			- Name: SuToken
			- User_1:
${__regexFunction(%2FmySearch%3FSuToken%3D(.*)%22+CLASS%3D%22DANavPageLinkTx
t,,%241%24,1,,,getSuToken)}
		HTTP Request 2:
			POST request
			Path
/Solution?SuStepName=Search&SuToken=${getSuToken_g1}

	HTTP Defaults, CookieManager, Result view etc.

As you hopefully see my intention, I what to parse the result HTML page of
request 1 for the the string '/mySearch?SuToken=value
CLASS="DANavPageLinkTxt' and store the value assigned to SuToken in the
variable "getSuToken". This value changes on each request.
This stored value should now be passed to the 2nd HTTP request as part of
the request path.

My question, is this approach correct in general or did I missunderstood
something essential?

When I try to run this Testplan, I got a class cast exception (in user
parameter):
java.lang.ClassCastException
        at
org.apache.jmeter.modifiers.UserParameters.setVariables(UserParameters.java:
105)
        at
org.apache.jmeter.modifiers.UserParameters.iterationStarted(UserParameters.j
ava:41)
        at
org.apache.jmeter.threads.JMeterThread.notifyThreadListeners(JMeterThread.ja
va:214)
        at org.apache.jmeter.threads.JMeterThread.run(JMeterThread.java:132)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:536)

so I think, my user parameter element is not correct.

Does anybody has an idea on how to solve this problem or can point me to the
right direction.

Many thanks in advance.
Regards,
Harald Jung