jmeter-user mailing list archives

From Bruno Dillenseger <bruno.dillense...@rd.francetelecom.com>
Subject Re: Problems setting up remotely..
Date Wed, 18 Dec 2002 09:14:06 GMT
Hi,

I experienced the same problem with NT4. It finally worked as soon as
- I got rid of all the environment variables settings recommended (both classpath and java_home)
- I set the full pathname to the wanted JDK (1.3.1 in my case) for BOTH rmiregistry and jmeter
when running them.

Best regards,
-- Bruno.

Lawrence, Steve wrote:

> Hi guys,
>
> Apologies for the newbie question.
> I'm trying to get Jmeter running remotely. I have a windows NT4 machine as
> my gui master, and a linux box (RH8) as my slave machine.
>
> I've read through the docs on how to set up the remote machine :
> /Jmeter/docs/usermanual/remote-test.html
>
> I've
>
> 1) Installed j2sdk1-4.1_01 from sun.java.com (the rpm)
> 2) I've configured my JAVA_HOME to : /usr/java/j2sdk1.4.1_01
> 3) I run : rmiregistry
> 4) jmeter -s
> 5) configure my master with remote's ip address,
> 6) click start remote, and I get a 'bad call to remote host'.
>
> I read in the docs that :
> Before running rmiregistry, make sure that the following jars are in your
> system claspath:
>
>     * JMETER_HOME/lib/ext/ApacheJMeter_core.jar
>     * JMETER_HOME/lib/jorphan.jar
>     * JMETER_HOME/lib/logkit-1.0.1
>
> Question is.. how do I know? Where is my system's classpath, and how would I
> go about adding these to it?
>
> Thanks in advance,
> And thanks to Scott Eade for asking the Header related questions I had been
> holding back on myself.. :)
>
> Steve.

> Notice: This e-mail message, together with any attachments, contains information of Merck
& Co., Inc. (Whitehouse Station, New Jersey, USA) that may be confidential, proprietary
copyrighted and/or legally privileged, and is intended solely for the use of the individual
or entity named on this message. If you are not the intended recipient, and have received
this message in error, please immediately return this by e-mail and then delete it.

  Dr. Bruno DILLENSEGER         France Telecom R&D
  Distributed   Systems   Architecture  Department
  phone: +33 4 76 76 41 46, fax: +33 4 76 76 45 57
  e-mail    bruno.dillenseger@rd.francetelecom.com
  web          http://bruno.dillenseger.online.fr/