jmeter-user mailing list archives

From "Mike Stover" <mstov...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Reusing the result of a regex in the same request
Date Thu, 12 Dec 2002 16:40:06 GMT
It's actually quite common to want to do this, I've found - particularly with sites that
use javascript, pop-up windows, etc.

Just for further explanation, the 'g1' part is short for "group #1".  Group 0 is a built-
in group that refers to whatever the entire regular expression matches.

-Mike

On 12 Dec 2002 at 13:59, Michal Kostrzewa wrote:

> >   HTTP Request
> >     param1  ${__regexFunction(some(value),$1$,RAND,,,var1)}
> >     param2   ${var1}
> >

> Please use ${var1_g1} as param2. Hovewer I've never used it in such way - I
> used previously parsed value in next requests.
>
> best regards
> Michal Kostrzewa
>
> --

Michael Stover