jmeter-user mailing list archives

From "Mike Stover" <mstov...@apache.org>
Subject Re: How to Use Counter
Date Wed, 11 Dec 2002 14:56:07 GMT
I have to say, it worked for me just now.  The counter will increment with each
iteration through the test plan.  If you use a Loop Controller within your test plan
and set it to 'forever', then it wouldn't work - because as I said, the counter only
increments with each iteration through the whole test plan.

-Mike

On 10 Dec 2002 at 9:00, Kenny Smith wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> I know this is a simple question, but I'm having trouble getting the Counter
> to work.
>
> I want to send x number of requests to fetch x number of files that have
> increasing numbers in the filenames. I've added a counter to my thread group
> with a reference name of myCounter and I've set this in my http request
> settings:
>
> http://192.168.100.100/misc/test_${myCounter}.html
>
> However, when I run the test it makes a request for
>
> http://192.168.100.100/misc/test_1.html over and over again. The counter
> never increments.
>
> Am I putting it in the wrong place, have I configured it wrong in some way?
> The documenation on this is really thin and I haven't been able to find any
> examples on the web.
>
> Thanks
> Kenny Smith
>
> --