jmeter-user mailing list archives

From "Mike Stover" <mstov...@apache.org>
Subject Re: HTTP Header Manager
Date Tue, 10 Dec 2002 15:33:07 GMT
A better way to do it is to use user-defined variables.  By doing this, you can use the same

variable name in HTTP Requests, HTTP Header Manager - just about everywhere.  Also, if you

define your user-defined variables before recording using the proxy, JMeter will substitute
the
values for you automatically.

However, yes, the HTTP Header Manager should work to add in specific headers, but the
header in question must be deleted from the specific Header Manager.

-Mike

On 10 Dec 2002 at 14:43, Eugene Grant wrote:

> Hi,
>   I have Version 1.8 of JMeter.
> I have recorded a scenario against a test server.
> I now want to run that recording against a production server.
>
> However the referer attribute in the "Browser-derived headers" node still
> refers to the test server.
> I am using a "HTTP Request Defaults" node which I thought might be used to
> replace the domain name in the referer value as it already does with the
> domain name in all my "HTTP Request" nodes
> Is it possible to use the "HTTP Header Manager" to replace the domain name
> part of the referer value in the "Browser-derived headers"?
>
> Regards, Eugene
> Software Developer
> Email: Eugene_Grant@hotmail.com

Michael Stover