jmeter-user mailing list archives

From "Lawrence, Steve" <steve_lawre...@merck.com>
Subject Problems setting up remotely..
Date Tue, 17 Dec 2002 22:02:13 GMT
Hi guys,

Apologies for the newbie question.
I'm trying to get Jmeter running remotely. I have a windows NT4 machine as
my gui master, and a linux box (RH8) as my slave machine.

I've read through the docs on how to set up the remote machine :
/Jmeter/docs/usermanual/remote-test.html

I've

1) Installed j2sdk1-4.1_01 from sun.java.com (the rpm)
2) I've configured my JAVA_HOME to : /usr/java/j2sdk1.4.1_01
3) I run : rmiregistry
4) jmeter -s
5) configure my master with remote's ip address,
6) click start remote, and I get a 'bad call to remote host'.

I read in the docs that :
Before running rmiregistry, make sure that the following jars are in your
system claspath:

    * JMETER_HOME/lib/ext/ApacheJMeter_core.jar
    * JMETER_HOME/lib/jorphan.jar
    * JMETER_HOME/lib/logkit-1.0.1

Question is.. how do I know? Where is my system's classpath, and how would I
go about adding these to it?

Thanks in advance,
And thanks to Scott Eade for asking the Header related questions I had been
holding back on myself.. :)

Steve.

Notice: This e-mail message, together with any attachments, contains information of Merck
& Co., Inc. (Whitehouse Station, New Jersey, USA) that may be confidential, proprietary
copyrighted and/or legally privileged, and is intended solely for the use of the individual
or entity named on this message. If you are not the intended recipient, and have received
this message in error, please immediately return this by e-mail and then delete it.