jmeter-user mailing list archives

From Michal Kostrzewa <M.Kostrz...@pentacomp.com.pl>
Subject Re: HTTP push model
Date Tue, 03 Dec 2002 09:16:11 GMT

Hello,

> navigate through http menus on a server, and receive asynchronous push
> notifications in the form of POST requests from the server, which may
> prompt other http requests from the client.  So far JMeter seems to be a

AFAIK there is no such possibility in jMeter. I see you want to create "an
asynchronous sampler" which listens at some port to some asynchronous
requests (acts as a server), process them and sends appropriate response.
Currently jMeter samples tested server by iterating Samplers in scenario and
calling method sample which is much different. You may want to implement it
by yourself :-) extending jMeter is not such difficult (quite clean design,
documentation and devel maillist)

best regards
Michal Kostrzewa