jmeter-user mailing list archives

From "Vola, Guillaume" <Guillaume.V...@mkms.xerox.com>
Subject RE: JMeter: How to visualize results
Date Fri, 18 Oct 2002 15:32:28 GMT
Michal,

Tx for the answer.
I just made a test with #thread=1/loop=1
The size of the logfile is more than 500K.
It contains all the response data (including the detailed response from HTTP server).
I'm afraid that will be enormous with #thread=1000/loop=100 !?
Regarding my test scenario (multiple HTTP request in a logical order),
the Aggregate report is critical for me since I need to know what is
the total duration for the whole scenario.
Being not familiar with perl and SAX parsers, what is the best solution ?
Do I need to program what Jmeter is supposed to do ?

Rgs
-Gui

-----Original Message-----
From: Michal Kostrzewa [mailto:M.Kostrzewa@pentacomp.com.pl]
Sent: Friday, October 18, 2002 12:31 PM
To: JMeter Users List
Subject: Re: JMeter: How to visualize results

Dnia pią 18. październik 2002 09:23, Vola, Guillaume napisał:
> Hi there,
>
> I launched a test last night (#threads=1000, loop=1000) that finished few
> hours later. When I come this morning the GUI interface was stacked due to
> OutOfMemory error. Anyway I close Jmeter and relaunch it opening my test
> plan (askOnce.jmx) thinking I would be able to see the results loading the
> listeners.

I can tell you how I use jMeter for long tests. I make test without any
visualiser, and run jMeter as follows:

jmeter -n -t test.jmx -l logfile.jtl

If you have turned functional tests on, then in logfile.jtl there will be all
the response data.

Using perl and SAX parsers, I get everything I want from this log file. Forget
into memory (it has to do it, I can't imagine how to avoid this), and every
visualizer tries to do it on it's own I suppose (That's why I did DB logging,
which I hope will be available in next week)

best regards
Michal Kostrzewa