jmeter-user mailing list archives

From Michal Kostrzewa <M.Kostrz...@pentacomp.com.pl>
Subject Re: OutOfMemoryError during test perf
Date Wed, 16 Oct 2002 13:29:12 GMT
Hi,

I'll tell you what I know, don't sure it's true (not having much experience
with distributed testing):

> Should i do the same when launching jmeter -s on the remote server.
> I have numerous traces on the server console too!

I think server is more important, because IT is doing the test. It has to have
memory for results.

> When you're talking about using jdk 1.4.1 instead of 1.3,
> is it for both jmeter client and server ?

Well, server or client - it's the same application. If I were you I would
replace it on every jmeter's machine but I'm not sure if it's absolutely
neccessary.

> Should I use non-GUI mode for high load testing ?
Hmmm... is there a possibility to use non-GUI mode for remoted testing? I was
always using it that way: several servers (jmeter -s) of course without gui
and one control console with GUI where you can order servers to run... How
can you run test on servers without GUI?
When not using remote testing I always use non-GUI mode for load testing.

best regards
Michal Kostrzewa