jmeter-user mailing list archives

From Andrew.Hamm...@ipaustralia.gov.au
Subject Using Proxy v. Auth Manager in JMeter
Date Fri, 06 Sep 2002 05:43:09 GMT
Hi All,

can anyone tell me the difference between using Proxy setting at start up
and using the authManager in a test plan. I have an issue where if I use a
simple piece of code see below to access  a web page it works, but through
JMeter (which I know uses the java.net. classes) to open the same URL
nothing happens.

thanks

Andrew.

URL url = new URL(urlName);

                        HttpURLConnection uc =
(HttpURLConnection)url.openConnection();

                        // the following line makes URLConnection look
like MSIE
                      uc.setRequestProperty("User-Agent", "Mozilla/4.0
(compatible; MSIE 5.01; Windows NT)");

                        uc.setRequestMethod("GET");

                        // the following three lines calculate a
BASE64-encoded username/password for the proxy

                        String userName = "";  // put your proxy/internet
username here
                        String passWord = "";  // put your proxy/internet
password here
                      String auth = "Basic " + new
sun.misc.BASE64Encoder().encode((userName + ":" + passWord).getBytes());

                        // comment out the following three lines to switch
off proxy access
                      uc.setRequestProperty("Proxy-Authorization", auth);
                      System.setProperty("http.proxyHost",
"proxy.xxx.xxx");
                      System.setProperty("http.proxyPort", "XXX");