jmeter-user mailing list archives

From Andrew.Hamm...@ipaustralia.gov.au
Subject RE: JDK 1.4 , JMeter and SSL ?
Date Wed, 11 Sep 2002 03:12:52 GMT
Hello Jochen,

Thanks for the help, I have check my .jmx file against the ponits that you
outlined, but I am still getting an error 'HTTPS hostname wrong'. I have
done some digging around on the net and I have found the cause on the
java.sun.com Developer forums, but this has me no closer to being able to
complete the test, given the cause, do you have any pointers ? I am
guessing that the certificate that is mentioned below is the one on the
Server ?  Can I create a certificate that will solve this problem ? or
could this be a possible enhancement to JMeter to cater for this situation
?

Thanks again

@...

This happens if the hostname in the URL does not match the hostname in the
certificate. There is an easy workaround to this: you have to define your
own hostname verifier and configure the HttpsURLConnection with it:

HttpsURLConnection.setDefaultHostnameVerifier(new HostnameVerifier() {
    public boolean verify(String urlHostname, String certHostname) {
        return true;
    }
});
The hostname verifier is only called if the URL hostname does not match
the certificate hostname. The default implementation does not allow such a
mismatch.

"Stiepel, Jochen" <Jochen.Stiepel@Dresdner-Bank.com>
10/09/2002 05:32 PM
Please respond to "JMeter Users List"