jmeter-user mailing list archives

From Jason Fisher <jfis...@ign.com>
Subject RE: Extending JMeter with a new generative controller
Date Fri, 27 Sep 2002 18:51:48 GMT
> And yet another advantage of a generator:  it's probably easier
> to write, since you don't have to worry about all this stuff.
> You only have to figure out how to create test-plan elements and
> insert them into the list -- probably far easier than grokking
> the fullness of the test-runner machinery...

To do that I would need an element per request path (e.g. 1 for /index.html,
1 for /images/image1.jpg, etc....), right?  First problem: there will be
thousands of different request paths in these logs, all for perfectly valid
URLs, and I doubt that creating thousands of different element in the test
plan is a viable option.  Second problem: Some of these request get called
repeatedly, but not in any predictable manner, and these calls are all
randomly ordered and interspersed.  I doubt any logic controller that could
be written to handle this would be at all easy.

Jason