jmeter-user mailing list archives

From Jason Fisher <jfis...@ign.com>
Subject RE: Extending JMeter with a new generative controller
Date Fri, 27 Sep 2002 18:14:43 GMT
> And I think Eric Siegerman has a good suggestion for you.

For my current purpose I just want to simulate a real load on a real server.
I am trying to reproduce basically the same state that occurs under actual
conditions, so that I can probe the server and the code in question while
it's happening.
It *would* be nice to use real loads that toppled a server for future
regression test, but only *after* you solve how to keep it from toppling
under such a load, right?

Incidentally, Mike, it would seem to me that the interaction from the gui
down to the underlying Sampler object involves many objects.   I want to
intercept the HTTP Request controller behavior at a couple of points.
First, in the gui I want to take in a file location for the apache log to
use, as well as the domain of the server to test, but I no longer need the
'path' info.  Second I want the path info to no longer come from the gui,
but rather to come from a new line of the log for each request that is made.
I am currently trying to trace the code from gui to sampler, but there is a
lot there and it's all new to me.  I am positive that it would be faster to
simply pick your brain for the answers, but I realize that you are, of
course, a busy man.....

Thanks,
Jason