jmeter-user mailing list archives

From "Zazueta, Robert" <RZazu...@academyart.edu>
Subject RE: failure notice
Date Fri, 06 Sep 2002 19:31:20 GMT
Awesome! Thanks, Mike!

Rob Z.

-----Original Message-----
From: Mike Stover [mailto:mstover1@apache.org]
Sent: Friday, September 06, 2002 11:59 AM
To: JMeter Users List
Subject: Re: failure notice

Count is number of requests for that Sample.  Each time through the test
plan, this
will increase by one (unless you have multiple Samples with the same name,
then
they get lumped together).

Min and Max are the number of milliseconds of the quickest and longest
request so
far.

Average is the average number of milliseconds all such samples took.

Rate is throughput for that request.  It is measured in requests/time.  This
is an
idealized calculation that factors out time spent in JMeter code and such.
As a
result, I'm uncertain what one can conclude from this number, but it's there
for
those who know better :-)

The Graph Results also provides a throughput measurement, but it gives the
raw
value of how many requests were handled per minute.  It does not factor out
time
spent in JMeter's code.  This number tells you how many requests your server

actually handled.

-Mike

On 6 Sep 2002 at 11:37, Zazueta, Robert wrote:

> OK, I feel kind of stupid for asking this, but the manual isn't giving me
> much enlightenment. On the Aggregate Listener table, what do all fo the
> fields represent? Max what? Min what? What is the Count counting? What
does
> the average average? What is the Rate rating? And just what exactly IS
> throughput? Are we talking bytes per second here?
>
> Thanks!
>
> Rob Z.
>

> --
> For additional commands, e-mail: