jmeter-user mailing list archives

From "Mike Stover" <mstov...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Usage of _regexFunction
Date Tue, 24 Sep 2002 19:18:36 GMT
Have you read the docs about the regex function?
http://jakarta.apache.org/jmeter/usermanual/component_reference.html#__regexFunction

The function would go in the HTTP Request in the parameter table:
Name		Value
ID		${__regexFunction(xx,xx,xx,xx,,getID)}

*note the extra comma - the regexFunction takes six parameters these days.

Then, to access these values again later:

${getID_g1}  (this means, the first group parsed from the getID regexFunction - you could

also grab the 0 group, which is the entire match.  You could grab any group in the regular

expression).

Hope that helps

-Mike

On 24 Sep 2002 at 11:27, Wangke Liao wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I guess I am bit confused on how exactly to use the _regexFunction. I have
> something like this:
>
> Thread group
> 	http req: login
> 	http req: load profile (the response from this req will have some Ids I am
> looking for in <input hidden name="Id" value= ""> format)
> 	http req: change profile (which needs ID from the response of the last http
> req)
> 		 name = Id, value = ${_regexFunction(xx,xx,xx,xx, getID) (I use the
> function helper to generate the string)
> 	http req: update profile
> 		 name = Id, value = ${getID)
>
> Is this the right way to use it. Where exactly should I put the function and
> what format should I follow to call the function? I probably should put the
> function right after "http req: load profile", but in which kind of
> component and in which field?
>
> Thanks.
>
> -WK
>

> --