jmeter-user mailing list archives

From Dies Koper <d...@hst.fujitsu.com>
Subject Importing Graph Results output file in MS-Excel to make charts
Date Mon, 09 Sep 2002 01:41:03 GMT
Hello!

I'd like to import the data from JMeter and make graphs and tables in
MS-Excel.
If I import the .jtl file from JMeter I get two long columns like the
following:

page1 241.2
page2 432.1
page3 492.1
page1 492.9
page2 694.5
page3 582.2
etc.

Actually I have thirteen pages and 100 loops.
Now, to make a graph or do the statistics JMeter's graph can display
too, I think I need a table like:

page1 241.2 492.9 etc.
page2 432.1 694.5 etc.
page3 492.1 582.2 etc.

Does anyone have experience with this? Is it fastest to write a parse
program to change the jtl file into such a table or use a macro or is
there an easier/faster way I overlooked? In my Excel (Excel 97) I
couldn't find any faster way, so I decided to quickly write a conversion
program but I found out I got rusty :-(

Regards,
Dies Koper