jmeter-user mailing list archives

From "Mike Stover" <mstov...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Link Parser
Date Thu, 05 Sep 2002 13:15:56 GMT
It depends on what is on that second page that is returned.  If there are other links
on it with a different pattern, then maybe a third HTTP Request with an HTML Link
Parser and different regex's would work.  Otherwise I'd say just loop continuously,
link, ...etc.

Really, what ya'll spiderin' fools ought to do is make yourselves a new "spidering"
toolkit that saves a stack of all links parsed, and loops through them all till there are

no more, at which point it breaks out of the loop.  It really wouldn't be that hard to
do - make a loop controller extension that ends the loop on error condition, and
make an extension to the HTML Link Parser that creates a stack of all links parsed,
and changes HTTP Requests with each link in turn to match.

I'll help and answer questions, but it's not something I'm going to work on
personally anytime soon, because I've got too much else to do and it's not a high
priority for me.

Although, if enough of you wanted this, I suppose that would change.  Damn I'm
easy :-\

-Mike

Michael Stover
mstover1@apache.org