jmeter-user mailing list archives

From "Sosnowski, Andrew P [IT]" <andrew.p.sosnow...@citigroup.com>
Subject RE: How have each thread use a unique User-Id
Date Mon, 23 Sep 2002 18:53:41 GMT
Hi Mike

I'm trying this out as follows:

I create user defined values USER1, USER2, USER3 etc

Then I reference them in a Http Sampler. I'm trying to pass the values of
USER1 to a login page as a parameter called username.
So I in the HttpSampler I have a Parameter:

username			${USER$__{threadNum}}

but it passes this as
username=%7BUSER1%7D
i.e. in other words it evaluates the inner built in function call to
threadNum but not the outer user-defined variable $USER1. %7B is the
encoding for a {
What am I doing wrong? I don't see an example anywhere?

Thanks in advance
Andy

-----Original Message-----
From: Mike Stover [mailto:mstover1@apache.org]
Sent: Friday, September 20, 2002 6:28 PM
To: JMeter Users List
Subject: Re: How have each thread use a unique User-Id

You can do this with the new User Parameters config element.  It's available
in the
nightlies.  It lets you specify thread-specific values and use them as
user-defined
values.

Documentation about user-defined values is availabe at:
http://jakarta.apache.org/jmeter/usermanual/functions.html

and from there, the User Parameters config element should be fairly self-
explanatory from the GUI.

-Mike

On 20 Sep 2002 at 16:51, Sosnowski, Andrew P [IT] wrote:

>  I've been wondering about something like this.
> I feel like there needs to be a Interleave Controller that works within
the
> Thread group rather than just within a Loop.
>
> An example of why this is necessary:
>
> I would like Thread 1 to login as User 1, thread 2 to login as user2 etc.
> This is what I thought the Interleave controller did but it doesn't;
Thread
> one log's in as User one, thread2 logs in as User 1, etc.
>
> The reason I need this is that our App stores individual user info in a
> Session that gets changed as they progress through our website. If 2
threads
> are using the same User-id they will be affecting each other's Session
> values with unpredictable results. I want each thread to use a distinct
user
> id.
>
> I want the several threads to be hitting the server at the same time but
as
> distinct users. The only way I can see of doing this now is writing
several
> almost identical scripts except for the login and running them
> simultaneously as several jMeter runs.
>
> I believe I saw this come up before and I'm sorry if I'm asking a question
> that has already been hashed over but I am unable to view my jMeter mail
> archive today. If there is an answer already can someone forward it to me?
>

> Thanks in advance
> Andy

Michael Stover
mstover1@apache.org