jmeter-user mailing list archives

From "Sosnowski, Andrew P [IT]" <andrew.p.sosnow...@citigroup.com>
Subject What is the exact time reported by jMeter
Date Thu, 12 Sep 2002 21:32:24 GMT
How does jMeter calculate the response time for a page?

Many of our pages are made up of frames and also have javascript and images
but I would guess that the actual delay experienced by the User is not the
same as the sum of the times recorded by jMeter to load all these
components?

How do I get an idea of how long it took the page to load from the point of
view of a user of our web-app?

Probably I can ignore gifs and js files as after the first access these are
cached by the Browser. But what about the case of frames and the frameset
definition itself.

Thanks in advance
Andy