jmeter-user mailing list archives

From "Sosnowski, Andrew P [IT]" <andrew.p.sosnow...@citigroup.com>
Subject RE: Re; Functional Mode Checkbox and Quick and Dirty Functional T esting
Date Thu, 05 Sep 2002 19:21:53 GMT

Tried this with a couple of more report pages of the same type that had the
problem where captured html was incomplete.
I looked at the html captured in several places:
   1) log file- this is always truncated at the same place
	I did find a non-ascii character in one of the files at the point of
truncation but not all files have this.

   2) View Results- sometimes captured the whole file, sometimes truncated
in that same place
   3) View Results Tree- also shows truncated html in same place.

This for the same page in the same run of the test!!

In terms of looking in the log, is there something I need to do to turn on
the log; the version I'm using doesn't seem to write to a log file.

Thanks again
Andy

-----Original Message-----
From: Mike Stover [mailto:mstover1@apache.org]
Sent: Thursday, September 05, 2002 9:18 AM
To: JMeter Users List
Subject: Re: Re; Functional Mode Checkbox and Quick and Dirty Functional
Testi ng

My only thought on this is that Avalon's ConfigurationSerializer is choking
on some
special character in your page and throwing an exception, and JMeter is
catching
it silently.  Have you checked JMeter's logs?  It's recently improved, so
it'd be nice
to use the logging system to track this down.  Look in
org.apache.jmeter.save.SaveService.java for places to put interesting log
statements.

-Mike

On 5 Sep 2002 at 8:53, Sosnowski, Andrew P [IT] wrote:

> I thought I had sent this mail previously but it seems as though it didn't
> go?
> Sorry for the delay.
>
> I have not yet figured out why the html page is not always completely
> captured.
> However when I use the "View Results" visualizer, the full page if there?
>
> It seems to stop consistently in the same place in this page.
>
> Also I put the page through an html checker and it passed (plus it
displays
> properly in both IE 5.x,6 and NS 4.x and 6.x.
>
> Any ideas?
> Andy

Any
> > pointers?
> > I think there should be an additional input field to specify the run
that
> is
> > to be compared.
> > The actual result would consist of the output of the diff command on the
> > html files within the 2 logs. However I'm not sure if there is a
> > cross-platform version of diff.
> >
> > Thanks in advance
> > Andy

Mode