jmeter-user mailing list archives

From Eric Siegerman <er...@telepres.com>
Subject Re: Extending JMeter with a new generative controller
Date Fri, 27 Sep 2002 18:44:45 GMT
On Fri, Sep 27, 2002 at 11:14:43AM -0700, Jason Fisher wrote:
> > And I think Eric Siegerman has a good suggestion for you.
>
> For my current purpose I just want to simulate a real load on a real server.

Perhaps.  But if you do it as a test-plan writer, you'll end up
with a more general tool than a sampler would be.

> Incidentally, Mike, it would seem to me that the interaction from the gui
> down to the underlying Sampler object involves many objects.   I want to
> intercept the HTTP Request controller behavior at a couple of points.

And yet another advantage of a generator:  it's probably easier
to write, since you don't have to worry about all this stuff.
You only have to figure out how to create test-plan elements and
insert them into the list -- probably far easier than grokking
the fullness of the test-runner machinery...

--

|-_|/  >   Eric Siegerman, Toronto, Ont.        erics@telepres.com
|  |  /
The acronym for "the powers that be" differs by only one letter
from that for "the pointy-haired boss".