jmeter-user mailing list archives

From Daniel Bruce Lynes <dly...@shaw.ca>
Subject java.lang.OutOfMemoryError
Date Thu, 12 Sep 2002 00:50:18 GMT
I've noticed the Jmeter 1.7 series has a pretty bad memory leak.  It's
noticable in both the release (1.7) and the nightly builds up to and
including August 1.  I haven't checked any other builds, but I would suspect
the same.

The memory leaks are apparent in JMeter running on Linux using Sun's 1.4.0
JDK.

Also, I run into a java.lang.OutOfMemoryError throwable when attempting to
load a 29MB jmx file.  Is there a particular reason why Jmeter needs to load
the entire file into memory?  At least...that's what I'm assuming is causing
this problem.

I've got a jmx script that will create 1000 users on my system.  I want to
load test my server under this environment.  I suppose if I can't use Jmeter
to do it, I'll have to write my own code.  I just thought it'd be easier to
use a package that was already written.

Thanks for any help.