jmeter-user mailing list archives

From "Nic Hobbs" <nicho...@subdimension.com>
Subject SOAP/Functions/Sessions
Date Tue, 17 Sep 2002 11:30:05 GMT
Hi all,

We are running a test which uses the soap sampler to get back an XML response from our application
which works fine. However, the first response returns a value which needs to be passed on
into all further requests (a bit like an application session identifier). I can pass it into
the very next request using a regex function but not into further requests. Is there a way
of doing this?

Alternatively, what do I need to do to implement a sampler/modifier/config element etc. to
achieve this. I am a bit lost having read the documentation as the dev guide seems to indicate
using classes that are no longer present and doesn't describe modifiers or response based
modifers at all. Is there somewhere which says what the differences between all these things
are and how you should go about writing them?

Many thanks in advance,

Nic