jmeter-user mailing list archives

From "Rohit Peyyeti" <ro...@translogicsys.com>
Subject Re: help
Date Wed, 11 Sep 2002 13:18:13 GMT
John & Mike:

Thanks for all your pointers. I was able to create test sample test plan
with the
help of you guys. I also have one more question ;-) does Jmeter support
conditions like if/else? Any way I can implement them here?

Regards,
Rohit Peyyeti

----- Original Message -----
From: "John Kavadias" <johnk@nstc.nec.com.au>
To: <mstover1@apache.org>
Cc: <rohit@translogicsys.com>
Sent: Wednesday, September 11, 2002 6:31 AM
Subject: RE: help

> Mike,
>
> This is good to know! Makes sense too, the way you described it. The scope
of the Link Parser is similar to the scope of a Config Element, in terms of
the Samplers it affects. Fair comment?

> Thanks for your efforts,
> John Kavadias.

precede the HTTP request that USES the results of its parsing. So I would
suggest:

> >  - Sample Test Plan
> >    - Thread Group
> >      - HTTP Request -> jsp/login.jsp
> > A    - HTTP Request -> jsp/pageView.jsp?workItemId=2334&workFlowId=14
> > B    - HTML Link Parser
> > C    - HTTP Request -> jsp/nextPage.jsp?workItemId=.*&workFlowId=.*
> > D    - HTML Link Parser
> > E    - HTTP Request -> jsp/thirdPage.jsp?workItemId=.*&workFlowId=.*
> > F    - HTML Link Parser
> > G    - HTTP Request -> jsp/fourthPage.jsp?workItemId=.*&workFlowId=.*
> > H    - HTML Link Parser
> > I    - HTTP Request -> jsp/fifthPage.jsp?entityItemId=<Value of
workItemId>&workFlowId=.*

> > The HTML Link Parsers are preceding siblings of the HTTP Requests in
this setup, rather than immediate children.

> > [[ Anyone more in the know, please comment on whether this makes a
difference. I expected that it would, given the JMeter manual examples are
structured more like this than Rohit's original. I cannot be more definite
as I have read little of the JMeter source and don't know its structure and
> strategies for compiling and executing test plans. ]]
>
> Better to attach the Link Parser as children to the HTTP Requests that
need it.  If a test plan
> were made as above, then every Request would be passed through each of
those Link
> Parsers for potential modification, which would be a performance drain.
The Link Parsers
> should not be thought of as "going in order" like Sampler go in order from
top to bottom.  In
> fact, Samplers are the only elements that have an order.  All other
elements are hierarchical
> only.  A more compact way to do this would be:
>
>   - Sample Test Plan
>     - Thread Group
>       - HTTP Request -> jsp/login.jsp
>  A    - HTTP Request -> jsp/pageView.jsp?workItemId=2334&workFlowId=14
>  B    - Simple Controller
>  C        - HTML Link Parser
>  D        - HTTP Request -> jsp/nextPage.jsp?workItemId=.*&workFlowId=.*
>  E        - HTTP Request -> jsp/thirdPage.jsp?workItemId=.*&workFlowId=.*
>  F        - HTTP Request -> jsp/fourthPage.jsp?workItemId=.*&workFlowId=.*
>  G        - HTTP Request -> jsp/fifthPage.jsp?entityItemId=<Value of
> workItemId>&workFlowId=.*
>
> In this plan, the HTML Link Parser will be applied to each of the HTTP
Requests that also live
> under the Simple Controller.  This is how JMeter works in general -
Timers, Listeners, Config