jmeter-user mailing list archives

From "John Kavadias" <jo...@nstc.nec.com.au>
Subject RE: Help me please
Date Mon, 09 Sep 2002 02:22:06 GMT
Rohit,

You need to use JMeter 1.7.3 or a nightly build or a CVS checkout of your own.

Mike has provided a built in __regexFunction(...) in this version:

${__regexFunction(the_regex,the_substitution,...others...,your_name)

It allows referencing of the matches maded by parenthesised subsets of the regex using ${your_name_g#}
where # >= 1 is the number of the regex subset (from left to right), and 0 is the entire
regex match.

I believe Mike updated the documentation on __regexFunction(...) in CVS recently so that will
be coming through in the nightlies.

I have used this feature to do things similar to what you describe in my tests.

Good Luck,
John Kavadias.

-----Original Message-----
From: Rohit Peyyeti [mailto:rohit@translogicsys.com]
Sent: Sunday, September 08, 2002 4:53 PM
To: mstover1@apache.org
Cc: jmeter-user@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: Re: Help me please

Hello Mike:

Thanks for the quick reply. According to what I read about in the
documents is that you can grab the value from the HTML returned
from the server and then forward it to the HTTP request if the
parameter names are exactly the same.

Like HTTP response received by the server:
http://testme.somesite.com/jsp/page1.jsp?xyz=12&ab=16

Has to be changed to and sent as new HTTP request:
http://testme.somesite.com/jsp/page2.jsp?bbc=12&ab=16

And one more new HTTP request:
http://testme.somesite.com/jsp/page3.jsp?xyz=12

..
..
..

and so on.

I want to grab the value of the parameter 'xyz' in the
first HTTP server response and use it in second HTTP request
where the parameter name is 'bbc'. I gueess I can use
".*" if the parameter names are the same but what about
when they are of different names and you are just copying
values from first parameter (HTTP server response) to
different parameter (with different name) and send a
new HTTP request.

I hope I'm making some sense here ;-)

Regards,
Rohit Peyyeti