jmeter-user mailing list archives

From "John Kavadias" <jo...@nstc.nec.com.au>
Subject RE: JDK 1.4 , JMeter and SSL ?
Date Tue, 10 Sep 2002 08:01:26 GMT
Andrew,

I have stepped through the email thread that Jochen posted and this is the particular item
that can help you [[ IF you are using an https server with a test certificate rather than
a certificate signed by a trust authority preconfigured into the JRE/JDK ]].

You will have to read it rather carefully:

http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=jmeter-user&m=103046015430201&w=2

Read just the authors' responses to the 'Where are the ssl.provider and ssl.pkgs located?'
question in the following two, right at the top of each. The rest of these postings is the
same as the above.

http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=jmeter-user&m=103047669918885&w=2

http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=jmeter-user&m=103054485320830&w=2

Don't forget Jochen's advice about setting port 443 as well as selecting HTTPS on your requests
:)

This one from Jochen is also interesting in that he suggests using JSSE 1.0.3 with JDK 1.4.x,
rather than the JSSE built into JDK 1.4.x. Perhaps JDK 1.4.x contain a JSSE 1.0.2 equivalent:

http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=jmeter-user&m=103051889027696&w=2

John Kavadias.