jmeter-user mailing list archives

From "Don Stinchfield" <...@rbii.com>
Subject Usage question on HTML Parameter Mask
Date Thu, 15 Aug 2002 05:28:27 GMT
I would like to loop through a two request sequence where
each request in the loop has a parameter called "pId". The
value for pId must remain the same on each iteration.
I want a new value for pId on each iteration of the loop.

I tried this:

   Thread
      Loop Controller
         Request 1 (pId=*)
         Request 2 (pId=*)
         HTML Parameter Mask (pId=rbiiuser_n, where n is replaced by
            a number starting with 0; ex, rbiiuser_0, rbiiuser_1, ...)

I was hoping that an iteration of the loop would produce
   request 1 with pId=rbiiuser_0
   request 2 with pId=rbiiuser_0

Instead I get
   request 1 with pId=rbiiuser_0
   request 2 with pId=rbiiuser_1

I can workaround around this situation by doing the following

   Thread
      Loop Controller
         Simple Controller
            Request 1 (pId=*)
            HTML Parameter Mask
         Simple Controller
            Request 2 (pId=*)
            HTML Parameter Mask

The workaround becomes unmanageable as I add more masks and requests.

Is there another way to get this done?

Regards,
Don