jmeter-user mailing list archives

From "Sun, Chris" <Chris....@mlb.com>
Subject Jmeter HTTP Proxy Server with SSL
Date Thu, 22 Aug 2002 17:37:40 GMT
Hello,

I am having problems using Jmeter's Http Proxy Server feature to work
against secure web pages. I am trying to configure Jmeter to record browser
interaction with the secure sections of www.mlb.com <www.mlb.com> .

I have set up the JSSE 1.0.3 jar files in the Jmeter lib/ext directory.
These jar files are jsse.jar, jnet.jar, and jcert.jar. I have also
de-commented out the following lines in the original jmeter.properties file.

ssl.provider=com.sun.net.ssl.internal.ssl.Provider
#ssl.provider=iaik.security.jsse.provider.IAIKJSSEProvider
ssl.pkgs=com.sun.net.ssl.internal.www.protocol

I can Jmeter to record events against all of our non-secure JSPs and
Servlets, but everytime I visit a resource on HTTPS, I get the following
error "503 Gateway Error". The logs show the following:

SSL Provider is: SunJSSE version 1.03
Initializing...
Creating Config Object...OK
Creating Cache Manager...OK
Creating Daemon Socket... port 9999 OK
Proxy up and running!
java.net.MalformedURLException: unknown protocol: https
        at java.net.URL.<init>(URL.java:307)
        at java.net.URL.<init>(URL.java:224)
        at
org.apache.jmeter.protocol.http.sampler.HTTPSampler.getUrl(HTTPSampler.java:
461)
        at
org.apache.jmeter.protocol.http.sampler.HTTPSampler.sample(HTTPSampler.java:
862)
        at
org.apache.jmeter.protocol.http.sampler.HTTPSampler.sample(HTTPSampler.java:
421)
        at org.apache.jmeter.protocol.http.proxy.Proxy.run(Proxy.java:144)
java.lang.NullPointerException
        at
org.apache.jmeter.protocol.http.sampler.HTTPSampler.readResponse(HTTPSampler
.java:644)
        at
org.apache.jmeter.protocol.http.sampler.HTTPSampler.sample(HTTPSampler.java:
936)
        at
org.apache.jmeter.protocol.http.sampler.HTTPSampler.sample(HTTPSampler.java:
421)
        at org.apache.jmeter.protocol.http.proxy.Proxy.run(Proxy.java:144)

Any help would be much appreciated. I've gone through the documentation and
the mail-archives but I have yet to see anything that can guide me.

Thanks,

Chris

"WorldSecure Server <mlbaseball.com>" made the following
 annotations on 08/22/02 13:39:42
[INFO] -- Virus Manager:
No Viruses were detected in this message.