jmeter-user mailing list archives

From "Ajay Panachickal" <aj...@motechsoftware.com>
Subject RE: What does the timer really do?
Date Thu, 11 Jul 2002 05:24:00 GMT
Hi,

It would be option #2.
I'm relatively new to JMeter. Someone please correct me if I am wrong.

Thanks and Regards,

Ajay Panachickal
MoTech Software Pvt. Ltd.
Ph:8214541  Ext:1331

-----Original Message-----
From: Lowe, Jeff [mailto:JLowe@CeltCorp.com]
Sent: Wednesday, July 10, 2002 7:47 PM
To: 'jmeter-user@jakarta.apache.org'
Subject: What does the timer really do?

In the JMeter documentation, it states that "The timer will cause JMeter to
delay a certain amount of time between each request that a thread makes".
Does that mean that JMeter:

1) makes a request, receives the response after a period of time, then waits
the specified timer delay period before making the next request.

OR

2) makes a request, waits for the timer delay period and then makes another
request, regardless of whether the the previous response was received.

OR

3) none of the above.

Thanks for the help.

-Jeff