jmeter-user mailing list archives

From "Neal Bridges" <nbrid...@providerlink.com>
Subject RE: NullPointer when running test
Date Mon, 01 Jul 2002 19:53:08 GMT
LOL - okay.  Frustrated with the whole login situation, and getting the same
error message, no matter what I change, I decided to create a very simple
jsp to try and assertain user error or not.  I think it's user error.
Created a very simple, "Hello World" jsp page and sent Jmeter off to test
it.  Here's some more in-depth explanation of my tree:

Full URL to test:  https://login.providerlink.com/providerlink/nealtest.jsp

Thread Group (5 threads, 0 Ramp up, 2 Loops)
   HTTP Request defaults (server name: login.providerlink.com, nothing for
port number, HTTPS protocol, Method is GET, path is "/providerlink")
   HTTP Cookie Manager
   HTTP Request (the only thing filled in here is protocol is set to HTTPS,
Method is GET, and path is "/nealtest.jsp")
   File Reporter

The contents of the jsp are as follows:
<head>
<title>Neal's Load Test Page</title>
</head>
Hi Everybody

As you can see, very simple, straight forward HTTP request.  The following
is my output:

Sampling url: https://login.providerlink.com/nealtest.jsp
java.lang.NullPointerException
        at
org.apache.jmeter.protocol.http.sampler.HTTPSampler.setupConnection(HTTPSamp
ler.java:206)
Sampling url: https://login.providerlink.com/nealtest.jsp
Sampling url: https://login.providerlink.com/nealtest.jsp
Sampling url: https://login.providerlink.com/nealtest.jsp
Sampling url: https://login.providerlink.com/nealtest.jsp

        at
org.apache.jmeter.protocol.http.sampler.HTTPSampler.sample(HTTPSampler.java:
437)
        at
org.apache.jmeter.protocol.http.sampler.HTTPSampler.sample(HTTPSampler.java:
164)
        at org.apache.jmeter.threads.JMeterThread.run(JMeterThread.java:138)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
[...]

Sorry if these seems to be very remidial, just can't seem to get a grasp on
what i'm missing.  Thanks again in advance for all your help.

Neal.