jmeter-user mailing list archives

From "Mike Stover" <mstov...@apache.org>
Subject announcements
Date Wed, 17 Jul 2002 01:44:02 GMT
Users,
     There is a new unstable release -> 1.7.2.  It seems pretty solid so far, and I have
more
confidence in it at this point than the previous production release (1.7).

Developers/power users,
	I've made a first pass at the GUI elements related to the new functions.  There is a
brief doc page about functions (only in CVS, not on website).  User
defined variables can be created in the TestPlan GUI element, and a dialog can
assist you in generating the correct syntax for your function calls.  The dialog is
available from the "Options" menu.  Currently, there is only one function implemented (but
it's
an interesting one).

Creating new functions should be easy and fun (hint, hint).  You don't need to write any GUI

code.  Just follow the directions in the JavaDocs for the org.apache.jmeter.functions.Function

interface.  Also org.apache.jmeter.functions.AbstractFunction, which you may want to extend.

--
Michael Stover
mstover1@apache.org