jmeter-user mailing list archives

From "Mike Stover" <mstov...@apache.org>
Subject Re: JMeter and OpenSTA
Date Wed, 12 Jun 2002 01:52:10 GMT
There is a new protocol in the latest CVS of JMeter that allows the sampling of arbitrary Java

objects.  Presumably, if you can code in Python, you can code in Java, and thus accomplish

much the same thing.

However, it is my goal that such programming not be necessary in JMeter.  Almost anything

one would like to do in HTTP testing, I'd prefer JMeter to support without requiring
programming, since JMeter's target audience is the testing community - which is generally
not
the hangout of developers.

That said, there's no reason a module that executes arbitrary Python script couldn't be added

if someone would write it and submit it.  :-)

-Mike

Michael Stover
mstover1@apache.org
Yahoo IM: mstover_ya