jmeter-user mailing list archives

From Martin Ramshaw <mrams...@alumni.concordia.ca>
Subject Re: JMeter and OpenSTA
Date Tue, 11 Jun 2002 19:12:53 GMT
>I'm in the process of evaluating JMeter and OpenSTA. I need to select
>one tool amongst them. Has anyone compared these two tools, or knows
>of any document describing the comparison amongst these two.

I'm currently updating some of JMeter's docs (including the 'My Boss wants
me to ...' part, which I wrote) and would be glad to include any conclusions
you may come to. The 'My Boss wants me to ...' part also includes some
discussion about alternatives to JMeter, but it is only available with the
current CVS source-code checkout. One part I am adding to this document
is some comments about 'HttpUnit', which is another product that is worth
a look.

After a five-second web search, OpenSTA is based on Corba and offers
HTTP profiling only (a database profiler is also available, but not free. It
is limited to Oracle, SyBase, and Microsoft databases).

	Regards