jmeter-user mailing list archives

From "Yuri Weinstein" <yu...@mercedsystems.com>
Subject RE: JMeter and OpenSTA
Date Tue, 11 Jun 2002 19:39:36 GMT
Can you guys share it with the group?

Thx

-----Original Message-----
From: yogesh.dixit@pfpc.com [mailto:yogesh.dixit@pfpc.com]
Sent: Tuesday, June 11, 2002 12:34 PM
To: JMeter Users List
Subject: Re: JMeter and OpenSTA

Hi Martin,
Thanks for the information. As I've just started evaluating those tools
don't have any details to contribute at of now. But eventually I'd share
the experiences with you. As you've mentioned about the features /
limitations of OpenSTA, do you have anything on similar lines for
JMeter.
I'm looking for following details  about JMeter:
   Number of VUsers supported by JMeter
   Technologies supported - OS / Platforms / Databases / Web /
Application
   servers / Browsers / Protocols /
   Scripting Languages Used / Supported.
   JMeter FAQ - I was not able to place this on the JMeter /
Jakarta-Apache
   website.
   Bandwidth simulation support
   Integration with other tools
   Static / Dynamic Parameterization
   Controller / Injector feature

This information would be very helpful for me.

Thanks and regards,
Yogesh Dixit.

                    Martin Ramshaw

                    <mramshaw@alumni.con        To:
jmeter-user@jakarta.apache.org
                    cordia.ca>                  cc:

                                                Subject:     Re: JMeter
and OpenSTA
                    06/11/2002 03:12 PM

                    Please respond to

                    "JMeter Users List"

>I'm in the process of evaluating JMeter and OpenSTA. I need to select
>one tool amongst them. Has anyone compared these two tools, or knows
>of any document describing the comparison amongst these two.

I'm currently updating some of JMeter's docs (including the 'My Boss
wants
me to ...' part, which I wrote) and would be glad to include any
conclusions
you may come to. The 'My Boss wants me to ...' part also includes some
discussion about alternatives to JMeter, but it is only available with
the
current CVS source-code checkout. One part I am adding to this document
is some comments about 'HttpUnit', which is another product that is
worth
a look.

After a five-second web search, OpenSTA is based on Corba and offers
HTTP profiling only (a database profiler is also available, but not
free.
It
is limited to Oracle, SyBase, and Microsoft databases).

           Regards

For additional commands, e-mail: <
mailto:jmeter-user-help@jakarta.apache.org>