jmeter-user mailing list archives

From "Mike Stover" <mstov...@apache.org>
Subject Re: SOAP and HttpUnit
Date Thu, 30 May 2002 13:34:23 GMT
You'd need to write a SOAP extension to JMeter, though that wouldn't be hard, and
I'd be willing to do it for you if you help me out.  I could write the skeleton of what
you need, and you fill in the SOAP stuff.  It's about time JMeter fully supported
SOAP anyway.

The biggest difference between JMeter and HttpUnit is that you "program" JMeter via
the GUI, rather than writing Java code.  JMeter has a proxy server that supports
HTTP, recording of browser activity.  This proxy could easily be the basis for a new
proxy that allowed recording of SOAP activity.  Is this what you meant by "sniff"?

JMeter also has visualizers to represent the test data.  Whether or not they meet
your needs is hard to say since you didn't specify, but I guess the answer is, yes,
you can visualize the traffic :-)

-Mike

On 29 May 2002 at 15:14, Boris Garbuzov wrote:

> I am evaluating this product to test SOAP communication. Can somebody
> comment on its suitability for the purpose? How is it comparing to HttpUnit?
> Can I use it to sniff and visualize the traffic? Boris.
>

> --

Michael Stover
mstover1@apache.org
Yahoo IM: mstover_ya