jmeter-user mailing list archives

From "Mike Stover" <mstov...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Using hidden form item values from one request to another
Date Tue, 21 May 2002 12:49:01 GMT
You appear to be doing it correctly.  The most common reason people don't get the results
they expect is that the page containing the form with the hidden value doesn't quite match
up
with their next request.  JMeter tries to match all your arguments, and the path, and the

domain, to a form on the previous page (not just your argument with a value of '.*').

Also, in the release, there's a bug that will break this if your form contains input text
fields that
are blank, but your request fills in values.  This has been fixed in the nightly tarballs.

-Mike

On 20 May 2002 at 14:28, Tim Wilkinson wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am a new user to JMeter.  I am looking to try and use a hidden form value
> from one request into another request.  This is done because the site I am
> testing dynamically creates an id that needs to be used in another other
> requests to either update the item or to delete that item.  After looking
> through the documentation, this is what I came up with under the Thread
> Group.
>
> | HTTP Cookie Manager
> | HTTP Request Defaults
> | HTTP Request - This is a POST that returns the hidden form item
> | Modification Control
> 	| HTTP HTML Link Parser
> 	| HTTP Request - This is a POST that uses the hidden form item
>
> For the second HTTP Request, I am using NAMEID as one of the parameters,
> which is the hidden form item.  I have set this to .*  When I run the test,
> thought, it fails.  Using a sniffer, I saw that instead of replace the .*
> with the NAMEID hidden value from the first request, the .* is passed to the
> server.  I am doing something wrong here?  Any help would be appreciated.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Tim
>
> --

Michael Stover