jmeter-user mailing list archives

From "Tevfik Aytekin" <ayte...@ii.metu.edu.tr>
Subject Log4j:Error
Date Wed, 17 Apr 2002 16:06:53 GMT
Hi,
(I'm new to Jmeter)
When I start Jmeter.bat (on Windows 98 with j2sdk-1.4)
I get the following error:

log4j:ERROR No appenders could be found for category
(org.apache.jmeter.util.ClassFinder).
log4j:ERROR Please initialize the log4j system properly.

Nevertheless the program opens and I can be able to make tests.
But when it comes to make remote tests, when I make a remote start from the
run panel the program crashes. The following is the error, that was left
after the scrolling in the ms-dos prompt. The last line is again related
with log4j.

        at java.awt.Component.dispatchEventImpl(Component.java:3526)
        at java.awt.Container.dispatchEventImpl(Container.java:1437)
        at
java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.retargetMouseEvent(Container.java:321
)
        at
java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.processMouseEvent(Container.java:2929

        at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.dispatchEvent(Container.java:2859)
        at java.awt.Container.dispatchEventImpl(Container.java:1423)
        at
java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForHierarchy(EventDispatchT
read.java:190)
        at
java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(EventDispatchThr
ad.java:144)
        at
java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(EventDispatchThread.java:138

        at
java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(EventDispatchThread.java:130

        at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(EventDispatchThread.java:98)
Caused by: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/apache/log4j/Category

What could be the problem?
Thanks.
TA