jmeter-user mailing list archives

From david garcia <mr4dmu...@yahoo.com>
Subject RE: Java Performance.
Date Fri, 29 Mar 2002 19:13:20 GMT

Not using any modification managers or graphical wizz-bang listeners. My guess is that your
512Mb ram and the fact that you are running on linux makes the most difference. I will try
the hotspot VM and increasing the stack size though.
     Thanks.
-David-
  "Stover, Michael" <Michael.Stover@usa.xerox.com> wrote:
I would echo Berin's suggestion about not using graphical visualizers. Use
only the File reporter (you can graphically display the results therein
using the "Analyze Data" option from JMeter's main menu).

I am nonetheless surprised that you seem to hit a wall at 50. I have
successfully run more than 100 threads on my home linux box (old Athlon
600mhz, 512MB ram). Are you using the Modification Manager? If so, it
parses every return page, which can slow things done quite a bit. I have
had to increase the stack size of the JVM to deal with some pages (default
is 1 MB, i think, I increased it to 2). I forget exactly what the command
line option looked like - I'm sure you can find it on the web. I doubt it
will have any impact on number of threads the VM can handle, but who knows?
Maybe all those threads are eating up stack space....

Have you tried using the Hotspot server VM? Supposedly it handles threads
better than the client version.

-Mike