jmeter-user mailing list archives

From "Stover, Michael" <Michael.Sto...@usa.xerox.com>
Subject RE: Specifying login form input values in JMeter
Date Tue, 26 Feb 2002 19:54:32 GMT
One thing you can try is using JMeter's proxy server to record the steps you
take in the browser.  By doing this, you can then examine the HTTP Request
sample that JMeter automatically creates for you.  Doing so should help you
understand how JMeter works.

For what you describe below, I'm confused about 2 things.

1. Your form's action is "j_security_check", yet you don't say what you set
the PATH to in the HTTP Request UI.  These should match.
2. The paramters you enter should be "j_username", with a value of the
username, and "j_password", with a value of the password.  I don't know why
you would append "login." to the beginning of these paramter names?

Also, you don't say what went wrong, which makes debugging from here
difficult.  I'm not sure what the problem is for your last question - why
not just do it?  You just need two requests, one to request the illegal
page, the next one to login.

-Mike

(www.mysite.com),
the HTTP request protocol (HTTP), the Method (POST), and the parameters:
login.j_username (user) and login.j_password (user). I've tried it
with/without "login.".

The second test I would like to perform is specify a protected page which
would require a redirect to the login page (again Tomcat4/Realm are handling
the details.  so I would specify /protected/protected.html, but then knowing
that I would be redirected, I need to supply the user/password for the new
page (login.html).

Any suggestions on this would be greatly appreciated!

Tom

Thomas J. Lasseter

t.lasseter@gte.net
phone: 425-861-0446