jmeter-user mailing list archives

From "Gurinder Marok" <mar...@hotmail.com>
Subject Proxy Config element issue.
Date Sun, 09 Dec 2001 16:11:29 GMT
Hi,

I've just started looking at your tool. Its cool!

Over the last couple of days I've been trying to get the Proxy element
(1.7beta) working for me, however it throws exceptions as shown below.
My testplan is as described on
http://jakarta.apache.org/jmeter/user_manual/proxy_server.html.
I did some digging into the code
(org.apache.jmeter.protocol.http.proxy.Proxy.createUrlConfig())

     private void createUrlConfig(HttpRequestHdr request)
     {
         System.out.println("Everything = " + request.toString(true));
         urlConfig = UrlConfig.createConfig(request.contentType);
         urlConfig.setDomain(request.serverName());
         urlConfig.setMethod(request.method);
         urlConfig.setPath(request.serverUrl());
         urlConfig.setName(urlConfig.getPath());
         urlConfig.setProtocol(request.url.substring(0, request.url.indexOf
(":")));
         urlConfig.setPort(request.serverPort());

     }

the exception is thrown because url is formatted is as
"/manual/ibm/2tabcontents.htm" instead of what seems to be expected ->
"http://symphony.torolab.ibm.com:8080/manual/ibm/2tabcontents.htm"

I've scanned the mail archive and have noticed that people are up
and>running with the proxy functionality. So I wonder if its a bug or I have
some client config to do?

I've also tried running  1.7beta2. Have the same problem.

Log from console:

Creating Config Object...OK
Creating Cache Manager...OK
Creating Daemon Socket... port 8090 OK
Proxy up and running!
Everything = GET /manual/ibm/2tabcontents.htm HTTP/1.0
User-Agent:Mozilla/4.72 [en] (Windows NT 5.0; U)
Accept:  image/gif, image/x-xbitmap, image/jpeg, image/pjpeg, image/png,
*/*
Connection: Keep-Alive
Host: marok2.torolab.ibm.com:8090
Accept-Encoding: gzip
Accept-Charset: iso-8859-1,*,utf-8

java.lang.StringIndexOutOfBoundsException: String index out of range: -1
         at java.lang.Throwable.<init>(Throwable.java:96)
         at java.lang.Exception.<init>(Exception.java:44)
         at java.lang.RuntimeException.<init>(RuntimeException.java:49)
         at
java.lang.IndexOutOfBoundsException.<init>(IndexOutOfBoundsException.
java:46)
         at
java.lang.StringIndexOutOfBoundsException.<init>(StringIndexOutOfBoun
dsException.java:59)
         at java.lang.String.substring(String.java(Compiled Code))
         at
org.apache.jmeter.protocol.http.proxy.Proxy.createUrlConfig(Proxy.jav
a:423)
         at org.apache.jmeter.protocol.http.proxy.Proxy.run(Proxy.java:147)

Thanks for your time.

Regards,
Gurinder Marok