jmeter-user mailing list archives

From "Gurinder Marok" <mar...@hotmail.com>
Subject SSL Question
Date Wed, 12 Dec 2001 01:27:30 GMT
Hi Tod,

Thanks for the detail of your response.

>what is the context of your use of the certificate?  Is this the

I configured the security file and set the cacerts file in the jmeter
property file.

The cacerts file I tried to use already existed on my machine. It was part
of my Apache Web Server/WebSphere Application server install. The file was
created on an ibm server and signed accordingly. The name conflict is not an
issue with browsers as they allow the user to ignore the conflict. I will
read up on the notes you provided.

>certificate that was issued to the server? Are you presenting a

No.

>certificate from your virtual user to the https server for
>authentication? Or are you trying to install a trusted private
>Certificate Authority into your trusted CA's for your JVM?

I have not tried that.

Thanks again for your help.
And I will post my results when I figure it out.