jmeter-user mailing list archives

From "Gurinder Marok" <mar...@hotmail.com>
Subject SSL Question
Date Mon, 10 Dec 2001 19:20:47 GMT

Hi All,
JMeter: 1.7beta on win2000
I have a couple of questions about https support. I've installed JSSE.
JMeter confirms it on startup with the following message:
<<
C:\jakarta-jmeter\bin>CALL ..\lcp ..\lib\ant-1.3-optional.jar
SSL Provider is: SunJSSE version 1.02

Upon issuing a https request jmeter opens a popup asking for keystore
password.
<<
Sampling url: https://symphony.torolab.ibm.com:443/
KeyStore Type: JKS

I don't know if I got the password correct. (I leave it blank and press
enter)
I think its ok because JMeter seems to have read into the cacerts file
because
it knows the name of a machine that the cacert was created on
"jackfong.torolab.ibm.com".
<<
JmeterKeyStore type: class org.apache.jmeter.util.keystore.DefaultKeyStore
class org.apache.jmeter.util.keystore.DefaultKeyStore
KeyStore Type: JKS
TrustStore Location: C:WebsphereWAServerjdkjrelibsecuritycacerts
TrustStore type: class org.apache.jmeter.util.keystore.DefaultKeyStore
JsseSSLManager installed
Is server trusted ???
java.io.IOException: HTTPS hostname wrong: should be
, but cert says

At this moment you are probably asking me why I just don't create a new
local cacert.
1) One reason is that our product ships with this cert as a default and when
developers use the
product the browsers just bring up a warning stating hostname issue. From
the browser we get around by acknowledging the issue.
So there is not issue from a development perspective.
2) I'm a little cloudy on certificate signing subject matter.
So to my questions:
Does Jmeter support a mode to get around the hostname issue in the cert? If
not, is the implementation fairly localized such that
I can update the code in the area of the exception to get around it.
Or do I have to create a new cert file for my machine?
I've configured the web generator control to send the request out on port
443.
Sampling url: https://symphony.torolab.ibm.com:443/
Is server trusted ???
java.io.IOException: HTTPS hostname wrong: should be
, but cert says
at java.io.IOException.(IOException.java:49)
at com.sun.net.ssl.internal.www.protocol.https.HttpsClient.a([DashoPro-V
1.2-120198])
at com.sun.net.ssl.internal.www.protocol.https.HttpsClient.a([DashoPro-V
1.2-120198])
at com.sun.net.ssl.internal.www.protocol.https.HttpsClient.a([DashoPro-V
1.2-120198])
at com.sun.net.ssl.internal.www.protocol.https.HttpsURLConnection.connec
t([DashoPro-V1.2-120198])
at org.apache.jmeter.protocol.http.sampler.HTTPSampler.sample(HTTPSample
r.java:437)
at org.apache.jmeter.protocol.http.sampler.HTTPSampler.sample(HTTPSample
r.java:164)
at org.apache.jmeter.threads.JMeterThread.run(JMeterThread.java(Compiled
Code))
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:481)
Thanks for giving me your time.
Regards,
Gurinder Marok
Email: gmarok@ca.ibm.com