jmeter-user mailing list archives

From Michael Morris <michael.mor...@optimad.com>
Subject RE: sessionIDs stored in cookies
Date Tue, 18 Dec 2001 10:17:12 GMT
I am sending this out again as I am really hoping someone can help me. Could
anyone tell me how the cookie manager works.

Michael

-----Original Message-----
From: Michael Morris [mailto:michael.morris@optimad.com]
Sent: 11 December 2001 10:13
To: JMeter List (E-mail)
Subject: sessionIDs stored in cookies

I am having problems using JMeter with a session ID stored on a cookie which
is created as soon as my login page is accessed.

The trouble is that JMeter does not recognise the cookie although I have no
problem accessing the application from the browser. I have managed so far to
include the cookie in the URL itself and have managed to bypass the problem,
however this means I have to change every URL each time a run a test. I am
sure that there must be a better way around this.

I have tried to include the cookie in the cookie manager but I am not sure
that I know what the cookie is supposed to do or how it does it. Is there
any documentation or can anyone tell me how to solve the problem.

Michael