jmeter-user mailing list archives

From Henrik Ridder <hen...@partitur.se>
Subject Re: how to deal with jsessionid cookie?
Date Thu, 20 Dec 2001 13:24:49 GMT

--On Wednesday, December 19, 2001 16:06:10 -0800 Nathan Fiedler
<nfiedler@geoworks.com> wrote:

> (this is the same problem as Michael had reported yesterday, but I'll
> try to explain in my own words...)
>
> I'm trying to load test our Java-based server, which uses the Jetty
> servlet engine. With JMeter running as the proxy to record my browser
> requests, our server is getting the requests and returning the response
> to the browser. JMeter is recording all of the requests. However, JMeter
> seems to be ignoring the jsessionid cookie header and so the URLs in
> subsequent requests all contain the jsessionid as a CGI parameter. I had
> hoped that the jsessionid cookie header would be used instead of the
> url-rewriting. I am guessing that I want to do this to avoid rewriting
> all of the URLs of the recorded requests, right?
>
> My setup is as follows. I'm using JMeter nightly build for 12/19/01
> running on Sun's JDK 1.3.1_01 on Linux. with the following tree of
> components:
>
> Root
> +- Test Plan
>|  +- ThreadGroup (10 threads)
>|     +- Simple Controller
>|     +- HTTP Cookie Manager
>|     +- HTTP Header Manager
> +- WorkBench
>    +- HTTP Proxy Server
>
> The header for User-Agent is there in an attempt to get the cookies
> working, per Henrik's response to Michael's question yesterday. I've
> tried putting both the cookie manager and header manager under the
> simple controller, but that made no difference.

I didn't run the script with the proxy.
I just used this proxy to record a sample script.

> After the first set of requests the cookie manager shows no cookies.
> What's more, the User-Agent header I have specified is not making it to
> our server. Our server is seeing "Java1.3.1_01" as the user agent. I
> wonder if this is the problem.
That's strange becasue when I added the User-Agent our webserver (Apache)
recorded that.

This is a sample from my jmx file

<configElements>
<HeaderManager name="Header Manager">
<ConfigElement type="org.apache.jmeter.protocol.http.control.Header">
<property name="value">Mozilla/4.79 [en] (X11; U; Linux 2.2.12
i386)</property>
<property name="name">User-Agent</property>
</ConfigElement>
<ConfigElement type="org.apache.jmeter.protocol.http.control.Header">
<property name="value">gzip</property>
<property name="name">Accept-Encoding</property>
</ConfigElement>
</HeaderManager>

<CookieManager name="Cookie Manager">
</CookieManager>

I don't know how much help this is, but thats how I did it.
Good luck
/Henrik