jmeter-user mailing list archives

From "Stover, Michael" <Michael.Sto...@usa.xerox.com>
Subject RE: Modifying parameters in a request
Date Fri, 14 Dec 2001 13:57:16 GMT
It's not a modification to any existing files, it's just a new
implementation of the org.apache.jmeter.config.Modifier interface.  This
interface has but one method:

public boolean modifyEntry(Entry entry);

So, and entry gets passed to you, and you get an opportunity to modify it
(hence the name of the interface!).  Of course, to be a good JMeter citizen,
you should also extend AbstractConfigElement.java and implement those
methods appropriately (look to
org.apache.jmeter.protocol.http.modifier.AnchorModifier as an example).
This is real simple stuff.  Oh hell, here's an example implementation that
will replace an argument with "*" as it's value with increasing numbers.
I'm sure this doesn't do exactly what you want, but you can modify it to
suit your needs.  Unfortunately, I couldn't test it, because JMeter seems to
be broken right now, but this should get you started even if there is some
minor flaw in my code logic....

-Mike