jmeter-user mailing list archives

From Bruce Atherton <br...@callenish.com>
Subject A few introductory questions
Date Tue, 18 Dec 2001 01:11:54 GMT
I am trying to get JMeter to do the archiving I talked about previously. In
trying to get it set up, I've run across a few things which I find
confusing, and that I can't find answers for in the documentation:

1. What is the workbench for? Can anyone give me a usecase which would
demonstrate why I'd use it?

2. Is there a difference between setting "Loop count = 1" and the once only
controller? Would it be redundant to have the once only controller in that
case?

The next points have to do with the fact that my first page returns URLs of
the format
http://my.server.org/path/to/servlet/main.jsp?SessionID=xxxxxxxxxxxxx. I
want to replicate whatever appears in the xxxxx portion in the URLs of all
other pages.

3. How do you set the regular expression that the HTTP Link Parser should
use to extract values? It appears there is no user interface for setting
it. Do you have to go in and edit the XML? If you do, what are the elements
or attributes that are involved?

4.Is there any way to skip performing the regular expression check once a
value has been found, but still use that value in other generators?

5. Is it ".*" or "*" to refer to the regular expression match? I've read
conflicting comments.

6. Whichever is the correct format, does the wildcard match on the first ()
in the RE or does it just assume the URL format and parse the sections out?

6. When I specify the URLs that follow, do I include the Session ID in the
URL itself, or do I specify it as a parameter? If as a parameter, then how
can I specify a form that is posted while maintaining the Session ID in the
URL as if it were a get (needed so that Apache can pass the request off to
the Weblogic instance that is maintaining the session).

7. I added a "View Results" listener onto the ThreadGroup and then hit
Start (even though I know it won't run properly because of the previous
issues) and nothing ever shows up, not even a record of the first URL being
hit. What's up with that?

Thanks to anyone who can offer me enlightenment on these issues.