jmeter-user mailing list archives

From Arthur Senator <asena...@synapsemail.com>
Subject Mismatch in domain name and certificate name disables SSL in JMet er
Date Mon, 10 Dec 2001 23:45:01 GMT
After setting up JSSE 1.02 on my box successfully (required to generate SSL
request on Jmeter)
I am running Jmeter 1.7 (a version dated from Nov 07)
I am getting  a mismatch between the way the certificate's host name  is
registered and the host name
The Jmeter Java client that generates SSL request can't overcome it
apparently.
It causes the Java client to throw an exception and not complete the request
successfully.
A browser (for example) will only issue a warning for such a case - but will
still issue the SSL request successfully.

Is there a way to overcome that, as I am using a web server that is mapped
via a virtual host and virtual ip's to an application server (WebLogic) and
inherently to that configuration the certificate name and domain name in
this development environment are different.
Also if I use a test certificate that comes with WebLogic it has a
pre-registered domain name different than the box I am using.
This should only be a warning and not disable the whole request - is there a
way to RELAX that 'assertion'.

Thanks
Ari
asenator@synapsemail.com

Please follow the console's output :

In the Jmeter listener 'view-result element' I get the following message:
java.io.IOException: HTTPS hostname wrong:  should be <asenator>, but cert
says <netra1-1.int.synapsegroupinc.com>

D:\jakarta-jmeter\bin>CALL ..\lcp ..\lib\ant-1.3-optional.jar
	log4j:ERROR No appenders could be found for category
(org.apache.jmeter.util.ClassFinder).
	log4j:ERROR Please initialize the log4j system properly.
	SSL Provider is: SunJSSE version 1.02
	Main item = org.apache.jmeter.control.TestPlan@290fbc
	Main item = org.apache.jmeter.threads.ThreadGroup@68a021
	Main item =
org.apache.jmeter.protocol.http.control.CookieManager@691177
	Main item =
org.apache.jmeter.protocol.http.control.HttpTestSample@799eea
	Main item =
org.apache.jmeter.protocol.http.control.HttpTestSample@3043d2
	Main item = Add a constant delay between sampling
	Main item = org.apache.jmeter.visualizers.GraphModel@221e9e
	Main item = org.apache.jmeter.reporters.ResultCollector@83e1e
	Sampling url:
http://asenator/ixp/splash.tmpl?func=AddCart&ct_srcd=34P&ct_ppcd=741&ct_ptid
=1&afk=01263505
	Sampling url: https://asenator/ixp/confirmation.tmpl?afk=01263505
	KeyStore Type: JKS
	JmeterKeyStore Location: C:\WINNT\Profiles\asenator\.keystore
	JmeterKeyStore type: class
org.apache.jmeter.util.keystore.DefaultKeyStore
	class org.apache.jmeter.util.keystore.DefaultKeyStore
	KeyStore Type: JKS
	TrustStore Location:
	TrustStore type: class
org.apache.jmeter.util.keystore.DefaultKeyStore
	JsseSSLManager installed
	Is server trusted ???
	java.io.IOException: HTTPS hostname wrong:  should be <asenator>,
but cert says <netra1-1.int.synapsegroupinc.com>
	        at
com.sun.net.ssl.internal.www.protocol.https.HttpsClient.a([DashoPro-V1.2-120
198])
	        at
com.sun.net.ssl.internal.www.protocol.https.HttpsClient.a([DashoPro-V1.2-120
198])
	        at
com.sun.net.ssl.internal.www.protocol.https.HttpsClient.a([DashoPro-V1.2-120
198])
	        at
com.sun.net.ssl.internal.www.protocol.https.HttpsURLConnection.connect([Dash
oPro-V1.2-120198])
	        at
com.sun.net.ssl.internal.www.protocol.https.HttpsURLConnection.getOutputStre
am([DashoPro-V1.2-120198])
	        at
org.apache.jmeter.protocol.http.sampler.MultipartFormSampler.sendPostData(Mu
ltipartFormSampler.java:152)
	        at
org.apache.jmeter.protocol.http.sampler.HTTPSampler.writeToStream(HTTPSample
r.java:243)
	        at
org.apache.jmeter.protocol.http.sampler.HTTPSampler.sample(HTTPSampler.java:
435)
	        at
org.apache.jmeter.protocol.http.sampler.HTTPSampler.sample(HTTPSampler.java:
164)
	        at
org.apache.jmeter.threads.JMeterThread.run(JMeterThread.java:275)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:484)

The information in this transmission is privileged and confidential and is
intended only for the recipients listed above. If you have received this
transmission in error, please notify the sender immediately by E-mail and
delete the original message